View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 01:51 PM
Albief15
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Originally Posted by VSTOLG4 View Post
I've never liked the fact that I've had to use my super decoder ring to figure out what those communications were "really" saying...always leaves me guessing. Also, noticed that language relating to other airlines hiring on rapid-fire and FDX not being on the top list anymore suddenly seems to be one of our strategies...not sure that should be a factor.
Okay, let me help.

If you don't understand the message, odds are you aren't the audience. The NC is speaking to a variety of players out there--other unions, other workgroups, the company, and quite often the NMB.

What they appear to be saying is "hey--we are down to the money part, and the other side is balking..." This message is important for the NMB, the shareholders, and host of other outside parties.

"Not being on top of the list" might not be important to you, but pride is a funny thing. Delta was proud of the fact their pilots were month the highest paid in the industry. Not sure the accountants care, but flight management has crowed for over a decade about the fact we are the best job in the industry. If pointing out we aren't on top might help influence the outcome...even a wee bit...then I'm all for it.

Again--here is the decoder ring. If you don't get it, it ain't for you. If you aren't sure, call your rep or P2P folks. Its a fuzzy picture, but here's a vision: The company will fix this and offer some reasonable proposals in the next couple months or we ask for release before peak. This is the shot advising the NMB that the company is stalling. We have asked nicely. We are now ready to take it to the next step...