Old 06-29-2007, 12:01 AM
Micro
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Drinking from the fire hose

Originally Posted by viperdriver View Post
Why not just vote yes and not bid it?

If we vote no--the company can hire into those positions, or outsource the flying.

Scope? We may lose on that one since we were offered the flying and said no thanks.

I think the STV is a scarier prospect. Sounds like the company can "deploy" you three out of 18 months. Hmmm that sounds familiar to my previous life.
The voting yes and hoping guys will not bid it is a pipe dream. If you think the LOA is unacceptable then just vote NO! Voting down the LOA has nothing to do with scope. Scope MAY come into the picture only if no one bids the flying but has nothing to do with the LOA. The company can open these FDA's with or without this LOA. My question is if the company could open these FDA's uder the current contract then why are they coming to us and offering more money in an LOA if they don't have to. Maybe the answer is that they don't want foreign nationals flying our freight (no RLA or only US laws for them) and/ or the service failures associated with contracted flying is unacceptable.