View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 10:25 AM
Luv2Rotate
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008

Originally Posted by disillusioned View Post
I can show you a graph that shows SW pilots are the highest paid in the industry. Will that help you choose SW? What about if I promise you a percentage of profit each year, but that profit will be determined after our accountants massage the numbers and our executives take their million dollar bonuses??

Wait, you mean there is more to choosing a job vs just telling people we are the highest paid? You want things like QOL and not being worked into the ground month after month? Weird. Maybe if we are smart enough to vote our pay proposal down, we can consider some of those things to attract new hires in our next "negotiations"

And just so I don't get slammed later, the first sentence was sarcasm. I know there is more to a job than just the hourly wage and I personally believe this is where SW pilots get taken advantage of year after year. Especially when I see someone on the Horizon thread say they made 55K in their 3rd year. I have never made that much at SW and I have been here a lot longer than 3 years.
Well, I can say it is possible because I've done it at OO avg 95hrs credit plus per diem. It's doable