View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 05:53 AM
Brakes Set
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010
Position: Left Seat

As to number 1. Listen to the recording at around the 50 minute mark. A question was asked how many pilots are participating in the call - at that point they answer 178 so far.

Not many compared to how many SWA pilots at that time 4-15-2011 5,000+ ?

If you were not one of them - I completely understand you being unaware.
Do not understand however you to automatically take the position you have about me telling lies or being uninformed.

Something else interesting in that call - Your negotiating chair/leader answering the question posed - not an exact quote but close - do the AirTran pilots get to vote or can a couple of senior AirTran folks block / prevent them from voting on a negotiated deal? The answer was - yes, the ENTIRE AIRTRAN PILOT GROUP WILL GET TO VOTE, everyone agreed to that in the process agreement. He expanded how everyone talked at great length about this very fact. It begins around 22:50 minutes into the call.

I completely understand why the AirTran pilots are upset with Southwest, Southwest pilot union, the southwest pilots who spew insults, ALPA MEC and ALPA. I also agree with 1Seat, there were a few "groups" of AAI pilots that had improvements from the deal compared to what might have been with AAI. But, the large majority of the Captains who had reached that pinnacle or goal we all seek had it taken away in a manner that was wrong. Followed by such poor treatment on the line that will probably last the rest of their careers. How would you describe it?

Last edited by Brakes Set; 05-06-2015 at 06:37 AM.