Thread: Spirit QOL?
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 02:28 AM
Southernpilot
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by Lobaeux View Post
Define QOL and we'll try to answer your questions.

The job is great, new Airbus airplanes, crews are fantastic, I've yet to fly with anyone I didn't really like or get along with, schedules are varied, hotels are nice. We have growing pains.

Work rules are great, 4 days off minimum between pairings, transition and holiday conflicts are real nice. I live in base, things are much, much better when you don't have to commute. Pay could be higher and I'd expect it to get better with the new contract. This place is growing so fast, every base is attainable quite quickly, getting a line takes a couple of months at most.

The one thing we don't have is a cool name on the side of our plane and nice swag. If you can get over not getting embroidered luggage or umbrellas with the name of a legacy printed on them, Spirit is a great place to be.
That defines QOL to me. I don't need the nice uniforms to be happy. Thanks for the update.
I'm looking for a professional flight deck and enough time to be with the fam. But not too much time .
Anyone getting hired with no 121 time ? I've got gobs of 135 jet/ turbine PIC, but no 121.
Thanks again for your time.