View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 09:16 AM
Phantom Flyer
Snakes & Nape

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: B-767 Captain

Gentlemen:

I don't know who "Dave" is. A good friend of mine currently flies for SATSair and he provided the information. He also showed me his "training contract", information sheet and pay stub. I have also talked to several SATSair pilots on my trips into and out of Charleston, SC (CHS).

I have talked to several SATSair pilots who have run into the flying into "areas of known thunderstorm activity" and from what they say, their company is addressing the issue. I know what flying in areas of thunderstorm activity is like and I'm not a big fan....and I have X Band radar onboard. I would not think of operating a Cirrus in those conditions.

The purpose of the original post was simply to point out that it may not be a job for everyone. I'm staying in my current position and hope that SATSair can make some improvements so that the quality of life improves for my friend. It may be a mute point however, as he has had a second interview for a good corporate position and will probably leave SATSair within the next month.