View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 01:07 PM
Deez340
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: 757/767

Originally Posted by Roll Inverted and Pull View Post
[

Did you know that several years ago in an effort to develop the ability to predict the success of pilot candidates the Navy embarked on a mission to find out what sort of person made a good pilot. In their research project they compiled mountains of data on years of superior and substandard aviators. After processing the data trying to find the attributes of a superior pilot only one common trait among the elite could be found....... musicians. True story, i always thought that was interesting.
Here`s another true story along those lines. After WW2 the Army Air Corps did a study to try and find common traits amoung their aces. The thinking was that if these traits could be identified, then that`s the type men thay would try and recruit for flight training. After an exhaustive study, about the only thing in common was that most of the ace pilots smoked cigars.[/quote]

Sweet I'm two for two! however since i wear contacts i was denied the chance to yank and bank for uncle sam. That navy study i was talking about was considered inconclusive. It was just the only results they could come up with after the study. It's not like the Navy started cruising jazz clubs looking for fighter pilots.