Old 05-15-2015, 08:49 AM
full of luv
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Narrow/Left Wide/Right

Originally Posted by fadec View Post
Three weeks ago I moved my airlineapps.com available date to Oct 1, 2015. I really am unavailable until that date. Scheduling an interview in the next month or two would be challenging but I could probably make it work. After several years of constant attention to airlineapps trying HARD to get the call I was pretty sure I wouldn't get a call by setting my availability 5 months out.

Well, the Hogan test instructions came yesterday. From what I'm seeing here I should expect an interview offer by the end of next week with a choice of interviews in June and then a class date in August. I'm completely unavailable in June so lets say I can get a July interview. I'd then expect a class date in September, still too early.

My question for y'all is, how long can I delay this process without losing the hiring opportunity? How flexible is interview scheduling? Can I push it to July or August considering I'm not available for class until October? If I do get a job offer, how likely is it that I can push it to a later date? How's the HR culture over there? Some places hang up the phone (or never return emails) if you don't accept the dates offered. I'm just putting my thumb to the wind before I take any action. Has anyone else had a situation like this?
This is starting to sound eerily similar to 2000/2001!!!!

I had a good friend interviewed and CJO in hand in JAN 2001 for an availability of Jan 2002 while he was still in the Navy.

UAL went from 1 yr CJO's to Furlough in no time flat! Hope they aren't getting too far ahead of themselves again.