Thread: 3000 Hour CFI
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2006, 06:09 AM
Blackhawk
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2005

Originally Posted by rickair7777
Sorry, but I'm sure the guy doesn't want his name posted here, he's still working in the industry. I'm also sure he wasn't lying to my face about any of it. There's probably plenty of info on google, or if you really need to know call an aviation law firm...
I tried the Google when this subject first came up. I came up with articles on "What might happen", but no case law- which is normally public record.
I am again reminded of a NTSB hearing i attended. An instructor commented to the NTSB that he probably should not have signed off a captain, and would not have except that he thought the captain would fly on the line with an instructor first (this was the days when an air carrier could be 135/121 and 135 IOE rules are/were... vague). The captain did not fly with an instructor first, and flew into a ridge line when a role reversal took place in the cockpit (FO started to take control). Make a long story short, this is NOT something you want to say at an NTSB hearing. This instructor was lucky the widow of the captain was old school and did not sue him and FSI.