Thread: Hey Doug,
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 03:07 AM
TRZ06
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2013

Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post
I've said from the beginning, Doug would have to not just talk the talk, but walk the walk regarding the promise he made to his front line employees about changing AA's broken culture. It's clear he's failed miserably in that promise. He HAS done a spectacular job of lining his pockets though and is now as we speak dragging his feet on vitually every aspect of meaningful gain of the employees and focused on diluting their compensation further wherever possible, at least the pilots.

It's simply impossible to make a silk purse out of a sow's ***hole with that attitude and approach. AAG can "go for great" all it wants, but that will never be anything more then another worthless forgotten slogan as long as the majority of employees have no faith in the fairness and integrity of their management team. I have little doubt we will continue to wallow in mediocrity until an honest change of philosophy occurs at the top. The problems at this carrier are systemic and nothing has really changed since Horton left.

Very well said. I'll only add that there will be no change of philosophy at the top now or ever. Whether we are well liked or not, there will always be enough people flying on us (begrudgingly) to make it acceptable to those on top. Our TeAAm is very different from Delta's
and you can see it from the attitudes of their employees. Doug can't change that from his talk. Without success sharing and meaningful dialogue with the workers we wiil continue as we have been. Sad really. Unless you are fairly new there is very little pride in this company. You do what it takes to get the job done but not an ounce more. Almost everyone I run into feels the same...make your money and escape when and as early as you can afford to. of course, easier said than done!