View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 08:01 AM
pilotstats
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: number cruncher

Originally Posted by DeadHead View Post
A seemingly confusing, obfuscate post.

You've cleverly clouded and mislead with your PS payout comment. You note that "PS would not change in 2015 just like last time", well PS never did change in the first year of the TA. PS did change, however for the next three years.

Not sure why your trying to rationalize rumor and innuendo. Especially when we have barely even discussed compensation with the company.

Nice first post....
Thank you, nice to be here. I prefer math to rhetoric. I do not rationalize rumor, cloud anything, or mislead anyone. After observing the discussion here I presented a scenario based on other posts. Increasing constants and eliminating variables for an equation makes it possible to find results in a quest for "X". (remember Algebra 1?). That being understood, do you dispute the numerical result of the aforementioned scenario?

Originally Posted by bohicagain View Post
Why do we need to give anything away?

During bankruptcy when Delta guys took 46% pay cuts what did the pilots get in those negotiations for helping the company out? What was Delta's giveaway then? Was it PS?
I mention no such thing as "giving anything away". I am fully aware of what was lost before and during bankruptcy. Bankruptcy stinks, go ask the investors who lost everything they had in DAL! The pilots received a Note, Claim, Equity, pay raises tied to profitability, PS plan, D&S fund to name a few....Let's get back to what you were alluding to with your first question though. Given a choice, which would you prefer in your personal saving account:

A)A promise to pay you $1,200 more than a year from now if I don't have other expenses..
OR
B)$100 every month all year long.

Last edited by pilotstats; 05-20-2015 at 08:12 AM. Reason: wording