View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 01:55 PM
sailingfun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by index View Post
Is that the best you can come up with sailingfud? You act as if that's the only possible explanation; they're liars!

I have no doubt they were telling the truth. That doesn't mean THEY weren't lied to. Or maybe just not told the whole truth. If you think the MEC is running the show you are living in a fantasy world. The NC and Master Chairman, along with the Shadow MEC do. They are the real power players. The rest, like you and I, are along for the ride.

see above

Do you remember during the 777 negotiations when the MEC directed the NC to stop negotiating with the company on the 777, because the company was stonewalling? And then several weeks later Malone/Giambusso called a Special Meeting in Atlanta and, much to the surprise of the reps, announced that a TA had been reached on the 777??? All while no negotiations were going on. Amazing how that happened. How could that be sailingfud?

First off sailingfud, it's "were," not "we are."

The reps are the next last to know what's going on. We're the last. The Chief Pilots likely know more of what's going on at the table than the MEC.

Just like the rumor of 4/8/3/3 sailingfud. The agreement that you said would never pass. Until you advocated strongly for it.

Are you going to do the same thing again this time, or are you just going to come out of the chute strongly for it? What's your strategy this time? Going to mix it up or go with what worked last time?
Ok, I posted where my info came from as did other pilots. Can you tell us where the info you have is from that compensation proposals were exchanged back then.
As far as contract 2012 I can't say I was a strong advocate for it and did not change my vote until the last day to a yes after a long discussion with a member of the negotiating committee. What I did try and do is educate myself and clarify some of the wild stuff posted on here.
In the end the yes vote turned out far better then I could have imagined at the time and is directly responsible for us now being in the most favorable negotiating climate in the last 15 years.
Funny that a quick glance at any avaition web board shows Delta is the place people want to be. Strange how that happened!