View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 03:06 AM
A320fumes
Ben Salley

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: Left

Originally Posted by 1Seat 1Engine View Post
I don't work for either airline and am not an ALPA member. I know pilots who work for both airlines. Take it for what it's worth.

Your solution doesn't sound fair at all. I think if you get outside of the "East" community, you'll find very little sympathy for your position.
"Sympathy"?...... What dollar amount do you attach to said emotion? If any adult professional airline pilot group has "sympathy" as an integral part of their strategy, then they deserve whatever they get. When I hear "ruining their airline", "they should be happy they have jobs" or " they should just accept the arbitration as binding", I get sick to my stomach. DParker made promises to both employee groups that he had no intent on keeping. I wish that you understood that the AAA pilot group is doing what they have to do, although IMHO, a few years too late. I'm glad to see United's "paper-chase", AA's firing of APA's MEc chair, NWA's refusal to work overtime and the AAA groups lawsuit. It's time to take action into our own hands, not to be happy you have a job. These "I'm just happy to have a job" pilots are the greatest factor in the degradation of our careers. And the AAA pilot group needs your sympathy as much as they needed DParker....not at all.

Last edited by A320fumes; 07-02-2007 at 05:39 AM.