Old 07-02-2007, 07:23 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

[QUOTE=trunk junk;188450]
Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
Not necessarily true...

If your school does not have examing authority, then you also take another EOC check with a DPE. Technically this is also a 141 check and cannot be failed (only "incomplete"). Some DPE's will incorrectly issue a pink slip however.

Not true. There might be a regional issues with this but i know that anywhere in the salt lake fsdo area and phoenix if you take a checkride with a DPE and fail it is a failure. It does not matter if you were part 61 or 141. The only difference for them is the paperwork and other things they have to verify before the checkride. If you get a letter of disaproval a copy is sent to the faa for the record.
Like I said before some DPE's don't do it it correctly, or maybe they just intentionally chose not to give the student the full benefit of the 141 regs...

There is a different version of the 8710 for 141 EOC checks (It is generated by a software package). If you pass, a temp is issued and the 8710 gets processed normally. If you get an "incomplete" the 8710 goes in the round file, and the appropriate 141 paperwork indicating an incomplete goes in your 141 training record. You get additional 141 training then try again.

The point is that YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO GET A LETTER OF DISAPPROVAL (PINK SLIP) on a 141 checkride. Like I said before if you get a pink slip it's in your record for good.

It is legal to train under 141 and then take the checkride under 61, and this is common if you already meet 61 experience but may be missing certain required 141 lessons. But if you qualify for 141, you should not have to take a 61 checkride just because a DPE is too lazy to understand 141 paperwork requirements...