View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 07:17 AM
OldFlyGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014

Originally Posted by gloopy View Post
Forcing 76 seaters to sunset may not come super cheap, but we should have no problem sunsetting at lease some 50's and increasing the mainline block ratio to at least near current levels. Even 76 seaters should be capped in a check valve style choke point. If they operate less for 6 months, that becomes the new limit, etc.

Same with the AS code share abuse. In fact, not doing so puts DL in a position of perpetual weakness by telling AS management that DL management places a high value on keeping the option open. Better for everyone if they slam the door shut permanently (at least to current levels). SEA is a hub, period. And the AF/KLM issue needs to be settled in a way that increases our share of flying in that and every other JV with strict penalties for non compliance since for half a decade they've shown no desire to honor their agreement without a strong penalty.
Forcing 76 seaters to sunset...? when they are just getting them? Definitely wouldn't be cheap. How would that even happen unless DAL bought the 76 seat operators? No need to even discuss 50 seat as I'm pretty sure they are self destructing. Mgmt may want more 76 seat flexibility to help the RJ operators as the 50s go away, but that is too bad. Not my problem. Is the AS agreement out of compliance? I'm not an expert. I may not like it but how is it "abuse?" SEA is now a hub for us. Its also AS largest hub and corporate headquarters. Its certainly seems convoluted trying to limit each others operations in any agreement. AF/KLM I agree it needs fixing. But I also doubt the non compliance has cost us the bazillion jobs some think. Nevertheless, I expect a penalty and better future enforcement. I absolutely disagree with any notion we can function in this world solo. But I don't like that our JV partners always seem to need lots of big metal. And IMO DAL seems content to resell tickets. Eventually if we don't have the metal aren't we marginalized or expendable to the JV? Which puts us... solo. Hmm. UAL and AAL have better Intl venture partners than DAL IMO and it seems to be working to the "metal" benefit of all. I'm concerned about that. A lot. OFG