View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 01:26 AM
ASaintBernard
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by Vito View Post
ASaintBernard,
That was my plan, to get the Hi -Perf in a C182. But today 3 Instructors said I didn't need to get the endorsement to log the time, hence my post.
Toonces,
The Seminole has 2 180 Hp engines, in order to qualify for Hi-Perf the engine has to have more than 200 HP. You can't add them up either! Clear as Mud!
It's actually really clear. No you don't need the endorsement. Some airplanes require that the PIC occupy the pilot station (left seat). This is so you can reach all the knobs,levers,buttons and switches. Make sure the 310 is not one of these A/C.

You won't technically be the PIC. You will only be able to log PIC as sole manipulator of the flight controls. Companies have started to be very clear about what kind of PIC you are actually logging. Unless you are the final authority of the flight and completely responsible for the operation of said flight, then those companies don't want you to put that in the PIC column.

My advice is to get the endorsement because many people don't think you can log the time without it. You can. Additionally, I would sit in the left seat but the owner will not approve of this so I'm sure it's out of the question.