View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 06:09 PM
Professor
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007

Originally Posted by scambo1 View Post
Was that a coherent statement or some random stuff you typed? Is this how internal MEC communications goes?
Put an 'or' between those two. Your ability to come back non-substantively and non-funnylike clearly has no end in sight.

Look I don't know what kind of paranoid rip-stop nylon cloth you and PD and gzsg were cut from but its rubbing most of us raw. Because instead of following the RULES, that we agree to by electing and supporting our local council reps, we end up playing this game of pre-established rules. If we don't there is havoc. Lawlessness PD actually sleeping with a girl. Its utter chaos.

Now, if any of you Awesomes on here would like to change those rules...run...petition...get involved etc. etc. Be a part of the solution..blah blah Get on board for the big win...blah blah....etc. etc.

Until that happens live in the now. You wail and rend your garments as if the End Days have arrived and you are about to lose your brand new Corvette in the driveway to a hailstorm of frogs sprinkled with brimstone.

The now is that some reps are unhappy with the process. THEY DID NOT SAY THE PROCESS ISN'T BEING FOLLOWED. They used the language of an unhappy minority:
"and we continue to struggle to keep the MEC's direction in line with your goals and expectations-a major part of the process"

If this is the case, why hasn't every LEC walked? If this is the case, are they talking about Council 1 pilots only? They must be because they are the only people THEY REPRESENT!!!

This is a Republic. Suck it up. Its the way it is. Think about a TA like a constitutional amendment. It gets debated and worked over and then disseminated to the states. Then those states have to ratify it individually. We are the states and MemRat is our, ahem, chance to ratify. Sorry, wasn't going there, it just worked out.

Anyway...I get the feeling that this is so much more fear based in you guys than not. You can't believe that either in this, or in your life, you aren't going to get screwed by someone else. Hey, maybe you, my all of us are about to get just that. Sans lubrication.

But hey maybe we are about to make C2K look like a pauper's salary.

I don't know. You don't know. That is the point. WE DON'T KNOW.

And until we do...half threats and innuendo by people who should be representing the best interests of the pilots they represent do nothing but undermine a process that they themselves say has NOT been broken...they just don't like the cards being dealt right now.