View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 12:47 PM
Adlerdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 767 Captain

Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
I think it's actually supposed to be based on the city of the operational leg. So for example you have a deadhead MEM-CDG layover then deadhead CDG-DXB layover then operate - you decide to deviate and get a nice downtown hotel in CDG, your rate will be based on the max contract rate for DXB. Not a big deal in this example but places like CAN that have really low rates can hurt you.
I'm aware of the part of the contract that supports your opinion. However, I can only go on what has happened to me personally.

The fox system appears to populate the pull-down menu for "location" on lodging expenses with every layover city on one's pairing. So, in your scenario, since a CDG layover was scheduled in between the DHs, CDG would be selectable as the location of the "nice downtown" deviation hotel in CDG.

Last year I had a back-end DH trip. Scheduled was NRT-SEA, layover, SEA-ANC. I deviated and went NRT-LAX, layover, LAX-ANC. For location on the LAX deviation hotel I was able to select SEA from the pull-down menu, use the rate for SEA and my expense report was closed out that way.