View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 08:24 PM
TheManager
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2010

Originally Posted by shiznit View Post
Hope I'm not interpreting sink incorrectly, I don't like it when other improperly opine on one of my posts....

I think he's actually saying the reverse is true. The 19 members that make up the MEC should be (or are) frustrating for the line pilots because there is a power struggle that is harming our unified front. Management will use the disunity to weaken our position. Infighting does not put more money in our pockets.
Harming our unified front? Which front of is this you speak of? There is no unified front.

I've been an ALPA member and supporter for 25 years. Never have I seen a weaker charade when it came down to unifying this pilot group prior to this negotiation. No real effort what so ever. Just lip service.

What is astounding is that even after the DPA close call, back to business as usual.

Sad actually. Shiznit. Pull your head out and remove the asshat. Ask yourself some honest questions as to why there is a power struggle.

Maybe, perhaps maybe, there is a top down hierarchy run by the shadow old guard that are finally getting stood up too. God forbid. You mean, not all the LECs are falling in line and snap off a salute! What the #%$@ ! Perhaps these recalcitrant LECs are actually following their constituents wishes. Imagine that for a second.

So. If there is infighting, whose fault is that? Who does he MEC chair work for? Who does the shadow MEC work for?

It's not amazing to me at all that you are not no longer an elected rep.