View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 05:05 AM
F15andMD11
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2005
Position: 787 FO
Exclamation FedEx HKG vs. Atlas STS

I posted this on the '"other board" but since this one has been bugging me to post, here it is again.

I was reading on another board about FedEx's plan to start an HKG base and the first thing that came to mind was how similar FedEx's basing plan in HKG is to Atlas' STS operation. Now I'm sure that statement is too general, (I'm sure I'll be flamed for it) so feel free to correct my limited knowledge on this issue.

Atlas' new base became such an issue that the company required new hires to be stationed there. I see the exact same thing happening at FedEx. What wasn't mentioned in the other post was the assumption being made was that it will be a 3-4 year F/O being sent there. But in a couple years when new hires are ready to hit the line where will they be sent, to HKG on first year pay, nice. I'm certain STS scared many away from Atlas as will HKG from FedEx. I can imagine many guys reading what's been posted, planning on getting out/making the move when FedEx starts hiring again saying, "holy $hit, forget them," while 24 yo Johnny RJ pilot is rubbing his hands saying MD-11 here I come!

What other similarities are there?