View Single Post
Old 06-07-2015, 10:30 AM
LivingTheDream
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: 7ER Capt

Call to Action

We have never sent the NC back after reaching a TA. If all you lurkers are as concerned as I am, I strongly suggest you email your reps today!

Here is my email to my 44 reps with cc's to MD and all the LEC chairs:

Of course rumors are flying and they sound quite disturbing.

As a member who pays a significant amount of dues each year, and considering this is the best economic/negotiating environment in my almost 27yrs, I am expecting nothing short of spectacular…

If we reduce/give back/concede on ANY section of our PWA, it must be sent back. Period. If we must accept LESS INCREASE in one section to allow MORE INCREASE in another section, I would understand that.

The total value of this contract can be no less the 1 Billion per year… that is entirely reasonable and doable, given the multi-billion dollar buy backs for investors and executives.

Considering our current PS and section 3.B.4, I am more than willing to “wind the clock” and remain status quo under our current contract. (And PS is a bonus. Period. It is something we accepted to take some of the sting out of the last 11yrs. It is not to be touched. Period.)

If DALPA/ALPA cannot achieve an epic contract in these unprecedented financial times, than we have the wrong representational body. I will be forced to look for another entity that will be a better steward of my hard earned wages… this is not a threat, but is purely a business decision.

Based on many conversations in my cockpits since 2012, I am not alone in this thinking.

Thank you.

P.s., I am in Asia and I know you are busy. A reply is not necessary, as your vote and the votes of the MEC will be reply enough.