View Single Post
Old 06-07-2015, 12:29 PM
GucciBoy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2009
Position: Fetal

Originally Posted by Carl Spackler View Post
This is what I sent to my reps:

I'm sure you guys have already gotten an earful to vote NO on this TA, and I want you to count me in that camp as well. Concessions of any kind in this environment are unacceptable to me - especially in areas where our survey said the negotiators were not to touch. For me, if scope is not strengthened, it must be an automatic NO regardless of what's in the rest of it. Scope concessions of any kind are unacceptable.

More importantly however, you need to send this back for the sake of our reps' role in our union. This top-down governance has to stop. Sending back a concessionary TA that didn't follow the will of our survey, is exactly what's needed to remind this administration who runs this union. You'd not only be doing this for you, you'd be doing it for all the reps that will follow you in the future. I simply won't be able to support anyone in this union that doesn't fight for reps' rule, and is willing to concede on Scope.

Carl

What info do you have regarding the conditions of the TA? Your letter sounds like you are aware of the agreement's terms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk