View Single Post
Old 06-14-2015, 03:34 AM
captjns
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by COST ITEM View Post
How many times were we told that we were valued employees?

We weren’t.

We are just cost items, like fuel and landing fees.

Management’s TA proves that we have been manipulated and lied to all along.

Our past sacrifices resulted in a paltry offer of recognition. An offer aimed at achieving a 50% + 1 affirmative vote. That is not an offer aimed at a valued employee group.

My backpack is off.

I used to give 150% for this Company. Those efforts were based on mutual respect, when there was none. Those efforts were for a Company I believed in, now I don’t.

If I am not a valued employee, I’m not going to act like one.

It feels lighter and more comfortable without my backpack.

Customer engagement will come to a halt. Only those tasks specifically required of me will be accomplished.

Once again, my backpack is off.

I need a little ME time.
I hope your baseball cap is off too. Anyway a bit of a reality check. You are an individual which your company made an investment in... sort of an asset. You are an asset to which your company wants to see a return on their investment. The touchy-feely "atta boy" days are long gone.

You don't like where you are??? move on. You won't be missed There won't be a toast in you honor at the afternoon's happy hour at the Blue Velvet Bar, where Dave and the No Tones are singing.

I'll wager that your experience with your next company, if you manage to get by the HR interview (explaining why you want to leave Brand X), and manage to get hired, won't be much better. Probably worse as you will be at the bottom of the seniority list.

Don't sink to the level of your management by exhibiting a less than professional attitude towards your passengers, cabin crew, as well as your fellow cockpit crewmembers.

That said, keep the back pack off, do your job, and rally with your colleagues.