View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 12:23 PM
Hornet1
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2007

Originally Posted by gzsg View Post
DALPA's dark team has been workng overtime to spin this TA.

Here is the simple fact:

This total TA comes down to an 8% hourly increase and massive concessions.

8% DOS

The 6% 1/1/16 is fully offset by a reduction in profit sharing. A reduction 98% of the Delta pilots opposed.

The 3% in 2017 and 2018 will barely cover cost of living if we are lucky.

Spread the word to every pilot you come in contact with.
Originally Posted by Moondog View Post
Well I am way newer than 07 hire and I find the PS loss a no-go on its face without all the other concessions. Not in this environment, it would be different if the company was hemorrhaging money, but it's not. Now is the time for very strong gains to be put in place. I don't get a vote but if I did I would drop my black stone in the basket!! Just sayin'
I have been trying to wrap my small brain around the PS change. As I understand it it is a one for one swap of PS for fixed pay at 100%. Meaning in no scenario are we going to be paid less if the TA passes than if it doesn't. If you are saying that our pay raise of 8/0/3/3 is not enough I understand (and agree with you) but exchanging 5.74% max profit sharing for 5.74% fixed pay going forward is not a "loss" of PS it actually locks it in every year going forward.

Now, I have a long list of issues with this TA and likely voting no but please help me understand why this change in the way we get paid is bad.