View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 08:12 AM
SayAlt
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2014
Position: Downward-Facing Dog Pose

Originally Posted by Sounds View Post
It's not depending on your personal perspective. If you think the market bubble and environment will be better than the last couple of years then maybe the extra % of PS in C2012 will be better. If you take a defensive approach, the confirmed pay would be better with the TA.

What is the biggest concession to you? I'm not of a fan of the TA's proposed solution to sick leave, but the company isn't going to agree to anything that doesn't address it in some fashion. I'm open to alternatives.

To me, the pay is a secondary issue. Given the current environment, and the $5,000,000,000 stock buyback program which will further enrich RA who owns 17.9 MILLION shares of co. stock, it would be absolutely LUDICROUS for the new TA not to have an increase in pay. This is ESPECIALLY true when you consider that we are simply gaining BACK...in large measure...what was given in C2012 and before.

The real issues are the new concessions. ALL of them., but most especially those that create new divisions within the pilot group that will pit WB vs NB pilots, young vs. old, etc. against one another. This is completely and totally unacceptable. As for sick leave, I agree with you and am sympathetic to mgmt who feels a small % of pilots are taking advantage of the current rules. But penalizing the entire group for the actions of a dishonest few isn't the solution. Like you, I am open to alternatives.