View Single Post
Old 06-18-2015, 02:06 PM
max8222
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Default Standard negotiation tactics

Fisher is being the good cop, sympathizing with our plight and how hard we work, bla bla bla. Meanwhile the negotiating lawyers for the company are figuring out how bad they can fragment and screw us over into accepting a crappy, less than deserved contract. All the while claiming they are poor.

QUOTE=cgflier;1909054]A 3% COLA per year once this new contract expires until we get a new contract would be acceptable during the next negotiations to keep my purchasing power equal. They gotta beat 3% annually during the contract or it is just a slap in the face.

Reading the new SCP letter, I like what he says, and he admits the company needs to get the contract done. Now if the numbers the company put on the table match the need, we might be able to get a deal. It would sure go a long way toward repairing a significantly damaged relationship if they would stop with the nickel and dime games.

I'm not greedy, but I do a tough job in a tough environment and should be compensated accordingly.[/QUOTE]