View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 06:12 PM
jdborg
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by lineplug View Post
I've been doing some thinking. In the grand scheme of things everything involved in the negotiations boils down to money. That is where the focus should be. Two of the most items that have people fighting mad are the sick leave and LCA concessions. How much money do those two items really cost the company. After all, using the info we are getting from DALPA, sick leave is only abused by a few and the LCA change will only affect 2-3% of FOs. If these items only apply to such a small group then how much money could they actually cost the company?

The real money is the PS change which will reportedly save the company enough to cover our raise plus some. Which of the items does the company really care about? We need to make sure that we don't let the opposition control our focus.

Someone brought this up here a few days ago. What do we think would happen if the company announced, on say the 23rd, that the proposed changes to sick leave and LCA trips would be scrapped? I wager the TA would pass.

I may be wrong about this but it would be a masterful bit of negotiating by the other side. Tell us the number one priority is sick leave and throw the LCA trip grenade into the room to fragment the pilot group and keep the focus off the real issue (PS) . Did someone just pull the Jedi mind trick on us?

Any contract in the era of record profits should have a lot more money in it!
This is what I thought when I first looked at the TA. I thought it was so bad that maybe they were just trying to lower our expectations. Then when they make a few adjustments they think we will be relieved and be happy to vote yes. I think they knew our expectations were high and needed to knock them down a bit.