Thread: FDX'ers on LOA
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 02:42 PM
Tuck
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: MD11 FO

The SVT is a non-starter for the LOA and I would love to vote it down - but I fear it will pass and maybe it should. Point is it's only worth fighting if everyone fights - if 10% of the crew force doesn't then it's worthless. We've proven time and time again that we don't have what it takes to stick together. Heck the ONLY reason we got a contract when we did was because a)UPS got one the week prior and B) the MD-11 FOs refused to fly extra. That's it. If you left it up to the rest of the crew force we'd still be flying DPs, draft, open time in negotiations, etc. There's no doubt in my mind about that.

I'm not going to bid the FDA regardless - I may very well be affected by the STV program though. That being said it's in my best interest to vote it down but I think regardless, we will have pilots bidding both seats in the new FDAs and they can either go over with the current contract - really nothing, or with this LOA.

What do you guys really think will happen if it fails? Do you think the company will first try and open the FDAs and see if they can fill the spots? Do you really think the crew force will not bid the seats? Heck if we had any nuts at all we'd be hammering the folks flying DPs on a daily basis - no jumpseats, no talking on layovers, no talking when airborne, etc. etc. Why are they any different than scabs? Either we're unionized or we're not - putting a sticker on your flight bag that says "My negotiating committee speaks for me" and then doing business as usual is WORTHLESS. Prove me wrong - I'd like to see some sort of evidence where the Union stuck together on an important point that might have even lost some guys some $$. Examples please.