Thread: FDX'ers on LOA
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 07:09 AM
MEMFO4Ever
Bourgeoisie

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 787 SO

Originally Posted by HerkyBird View Post
Folks -- The following is an email response from one FDX pilot who had been asked about the cost-of-living situation when he lived in HKG prior to joining FDX. Because the writer is rather junior, he's reticent about speaking up. I'm respecting his wish to stay below the ridge-line by not using his name. Please forgive me if you see this post on a couple more threads -- this info is critical, and should be seen by as many pilots as possible.

Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 19:07:58 -0700
>Hi Mike,
>
>Thanks for the info. I couldn't agree more.
>
>My wife and I lived in Hong Kong in a previous life in the mid 90's...
>
>... I was going to email Dave Webb, but after seeing the response to that other guy who is even senior to me, I'm not so sure.
>
>Enjoy the rest of your vacation.
>
>Cheers,
> [name withheld by Herkybird]
Thanks for the info Herky, although seeing it on numerous threads got a little tedious.

There is one potential, glaring difference that I see between where this former broker/financial guy worked and FedEx. FedEx doesn't respect us or our contribution and never will. We're treated, in all aspects of the operation, as a necessary, expensive liability. Sounds like the company mentioned in the email values their employees a bit more (although I really don't think any company values anything but profit anymore). Now I do not mind the treatment we get from FedEx, mainly because I have come to expect nothing from them outside of what we force our union to negotiate.

A company only gets the employees it deserves.

VOTE NO!

Last edited by MEMFO4Ever; 07-07-2007 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Took up too much space