View Single Post
Old 06-28-2015, 03:42 AM
Klondike Bear
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2010
Position: Stretch DC-9 Gear Slinger

Originally Posted by TED74 View Post
"Great", yes... and "Successful" and "Profitable" too. The more I discover just how many of us feel undervalued and disrespected by this TA, the more I actually think RA and his team made a really bad business decision.

In the ATL crew lounge yesterday, one of the reps said he thought the new sick leave policy - the company's NUMBER ONE PRIORITY - will save them between $5-7M. YGBFSM! I think they could save that kind of money by instead attacking the pilot abuse of mini water bottle consumption. Yet this is the sword they want to fall on???

RA could have had 13,000 pilots giving back rubs (or better) to Diamond Medallions with the right TA...instead, he's going to have 8,800 (non-ATL) disgruntled pilots in the cockpit.

I have to think this means he's gone in a hurry and no longer cares about the longer-term profitability/success of Delta. This was definitely NOT the approach to keep us at the tip of the spear. What a let down after recently believing I had joined a truly different company.
I like most of what you are saying. I disagree about the mini water bottle abuse. Are you saying we should sit in a very dry environment with nothing to drink. Dehydration is not a safe way to fly an airplane and good luck with the kidney stones. Also I am ATL based and I am ****ed off along with everyone I've talked with. If you had gone to the PTC roadshow you would have seen a bunch of ****ed off ATL pilots.