Thread: Xojet

Jeff Spicoli , 07-02-2015 03:22 AM
Line Holder
Jeff Spicoli
Line Holder
close
  • Joined APC
    Aug 2013
Quote: The training contract was 1 year. No one is upgrading in 1 year there anyway. As far as I remember you needed 3 letters of rec to get into the pool. So if you flew with 2 dozen different captains, and 1 didn't like you it certainly wouldn't prevent you from getting 3 letters of rec. If you couldn't get 3 letters out of 2 dozen people, then something's wrong alright.....
Apologies for not checking in for a while. This is a misrepresentation of the upgrade process at XO. At least while I was there. There are 3 levels of copilots, C, B then A. Each level required 5 letters to be considered for and upward move. I was also volunteering as a team lead and helped others through the process so I was very familiar with the 5 letter requirement. Unless of course one was a Hawker street captain.

I think I've been over it before but I had over a dozen letters to move from A to "reserve captain". I watched 24 people upgrade out of seniority, including all of the Hawker street captains. There were more senior copilots than I who were "never going to upgrade."

I eventually did go through the upgrade process and flew with 2 of my peers on IOE over 15 days of flying that included a flap failure and a smoke in the cabin event. So if you want to be critical go ahead, as I have the same qualifications as anyone posting here.

I have almost 2 years at my current job, a large cabin operator and have had zero problems with the international flying that was not commonly available at XOJET. Including NAT track flying. Feel free to hurl insults but the only time I've ran into trouble in 10 years of professional flying was with the "good old boys club" at XO. A situation that will develop anytime merit is involved with pay and isn't a specific problem with XO.

Things may have changed as it has almost been two years since I left. Hopefully for the better. As always do your homework before applying anywhere.