View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 07:31 AM
SkyHigh
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot
Default Looking to get out.

I concede that, though it makes no sense to me, there are people out there who knowingly, and with sound mind, are willing to throw to the wind everything else in their life to make aviation paramount. The committed stare into the abyss with eyes glazed to the glow of the glass flight deck and blinded to the opportunity cost. Their quest ever advancing in spite of contrary evidence and clinging to whatever accomplishments they may find as justification for their sacrifice.

Those who visit this part of the forum however are "looking to get out". It puzzles me when others come on here in opposition in order to justify (mostly to themselves I guess) why they stay in. If one does not care where, how, or who they live with then by all means stay the course. You don't need my permission. Give in to your addiction. If you are so willing to throw every other aspect of your life into the fickle hands of aviation then submit full scale and go with my blessing. Others here however have lives to live and goals to achieve. Why not leave us at peace?

By your own admission the career demands a lot and offers few assurances. Your passion would be better served to wave the flag for those who are eager to get into queue for the grist mill than trying to justify your choices to me here.

Skyhigh