View Single Post
Old 02-25-2006, 02:00 PM
SkyHigh
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot
Default Well??

Originally Posted by lzakplt
Excuse me, SkyHigh. I didn't know you are an ex-Real Alaskan Bush Pilot. You either need to proofread or think more. Or get a map. Who brought SE Alaska up. I said Southwest. Try opening a set of Alaskan approach plates to see how things have changed. As I'm sure you know, Bethel is where many start their Alaska flying, ie, its full of newbies. I see why they didn't like you, if you tried to stay home when it snowed. Wilderness, ooohh, scarry. No rampers, oh my poor aching back. Does this box weigh 10 or 100 pounds? I just can't tell.

Good for you!! Perhaps you have some merit after all. What kind of plane what base?

Besides what good does an approach do for a 207? How is a Super cub suppose to benefit from ATC when they never get higher than 300' and don't have a transponder? What good is a GPS when you are flying 100' or less above the ground? What good is an ATC system when the 135 minimums are legally lower than an ILS Approach? (Special VFR 1 mile and clear of clouds.) I remember standing on the ramp with some pax while waiting for an Alaska Airlines flight to arrive at Dillingham that had to miss all the while Penair planes were coming and going via Special VFR. Try explaining that to lower 48 pax.

Man they liked me up there. I went out there and did the job. I was trying to make a point regarding your safety comments. If you were to closely adhere to the rules nothing would ever get done in AK. Maybe you should read a little closer as well?

SkyHigh