Old 07-10-2007, 08:10 AM
Falconjet
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: FedEx

Originally Posted by trashhauler View Post
Out of curiousity, do you expect the company to pay for all of your rent? I pay about $2300 a month on a mortgage for a modest house. If you get an extra $2700 that would get you $5000 a month for rent. It would at least move you out of the opium den location. As far as taxes go, the only reason the SFS guys have been enjoying the tax break, is because the PI is letting them live there tax free. Not so for most other countries in the world. I'm not sure that this LOA is a good deal, but everything on this BB is slanted in the direction of a real bad deal. I think the union needs to do a better job of explaining this LOA. I know that the Cathay guys get a great deal as far as housing goes, but if you look at their whole contract, it falls quite short in a lot of areas compared to ours. Ex. they have no duty rigs. It's nice to cherry pick the best from different contracts, but in reality, it never works out that way. Like I said, I'm not sure how I'm going to vote, but there are two sides to every story. BTW, this is my opinion, you don't have to like it.
If they expect me to live in Paris or Hong Kong you bet your arse I do.

FJ