View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 08:46 AM
RedeyeAV8r
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Smile

Originally Posted by dckozak View Post
Maybe it will be contagious..

So what affect, if any, will it have on our (Fedex) negotiations and the memberships expectations?? Fedex is often compared to Delta on several levels. One obvious, is regional, the other is cultural, aka lack of unions (for all except pilots), and a reputation for treating employees well and compensating them accordingly.

Hopefully Fedex pilots will see that we too should demand a real improvement in our next contract and not settle for paying for our own pay raise as the Delta pilots found when they dug into their TA. .

My guess is Our side will demand at least equal pay rates " + a Nickel" to what Delta TA just turned down, without giving in on Company's offered Concessions.

That Said, I am fully expecting the "Direct Negotiations" to start very soon from the Company PR machine.

This is my prediction.

If there isn't a TA in the next couple of weeks Expect a Company Letter that states:

"The Company offered ABC & XYZ and your ALPA leadership turned it down"

"Your Union Leadership is on a very destructive path and it's current stance isn't sustainable in this highly competitive business market"

"We have a Bid bid out with many new Captain awards and Upgrade opportunities"

"Due to ALPA's unrealistic expectations, FDX's BOD has been forced to Cancel or Delay Aircraft deliveries, thus we are forced to cancel or need to re-evaluate this bid"

Maybe we should start a contest.

Who can craft (Predict), the soon to be coming, Management PR negotiations missive.

The pilot winner who most accurately predicts the next PR missive will get $1,000 or a paid weekend in Las Vegas.