View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 06:29 AM
Lobaeux
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Airplane

Originally Posted by ULLI View Post
Nice figure. 150K comes out to be 95+ hours a month. Seems like you have to work for it to earn that much coin.

FYI F9's most recent CA award went 9/2007. Still not 2-3 year mark...yet. FOs bypassing is a huge drive behind the upgrades right now.
There have been some great responses finally on this thread. As it's been said many times before, go with who hires you first. Don't delay, you never know what can happen.

Spirit is hiring and will continue to hire for a long time. The stated goal is 300 aircraft, we're just over 80. We're not even halfway to our desired airline size. Orders are there to get us well over a hundred, so does that mean a merger? Who knows, air shows happen every year, new orders could always be announced.

The thing I like about the current ULCC situation is the opportunities that come along with growth. I have been on property a little over two years, I'm bidding in the upper 1/4 in base, every other month I'm getting my 3rd or 4th choice of line bidding. Opportunities are there to work in the training department, become a Chief Pilot or other management types. Not sure how much opportunity and advancement is left in the legacies.

Spirit is still small, has its problems, but the feel of this place is the same as I garnered from reading the book "Nuts" about the early days of Southwest. Could it happen? Who knows, it's a gamble and we'll only know it paid off when the morning of our 65th birthdays arrive. Until then, I'm enjoying the ride, enjoying the lifestyle and living it up while I'm still young enough to enjoy it.