View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 04:54 PM
Porsche77
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2015

Originally Posted by lpcunity View Post
NJA has pilots from all walks of life. I flew for NJA for over eight years and during that time I flew with pilots that came from elite military backgrounds, 121 to 135 freight (myself included). I also had a handful of C-208B PIC time which adds to total time but is not really competitive in my opinion. I would try and get a job in a crew environment flying a transport category aircraft logging choke hours. At NJA you will be in close contact with the owners and I would bet NJA would like to see that you have some experience in customer service. Maybe like fine dining or FBO front desk experience. NJA is a great job that offers its pilots a great package and hopefully that package will get a bit sweeter in the coming months. It's a great goal to have, but keep your eyes open along the way as many opportunities will present themselves. It's a good time to be a pilot.
Thank You, for the quick reply. I am considering going for the C-208B PIC but reading the forums here it is not advised since the time is not as valuable. Planesense operates the Pilatus PC-12NG but that is also a singe engine. From all the reading I gather than to be competitive one must have multi engine PIC