Thread: New Mesa Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 04:55 PM
Darant
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: CL-65

People need to vote based on what "is" and not what "might" be. I don't think many of you plan on staying at Mesa. We come here to work up the ladder to bigger, better things. What would give us more power in terms of assuring long term success, is to show unity to our partners thus leading to more aircraft and more upgrades. Look at Republic. They are parking planes because they can't staff them but they aren't offering any reason to work there. If we have a good quality of life, "reasonable pay" (which I think will be in the new contract) and solid relationship with the people who ultimately put food on our table (AA, United), then we should keep things going here.

All it takes is for us to have a big falling out with management and AA or United start to back away and award replacement flying to another regional. It would be a peice of cake for AA to announce another 40 or so crj or erjs to one of their partners and just watch the pilot's flock to them for the quick upgrade. That's exactly what is happening at Mesa right now. We are staffing simply on the "idea" that there may potentially be movement when it comes time to upgrade.

I have a number of close friends at Envoy. They specifically said the reason people were voting no was because the pilot's didn't think they could staff the plane's elsewhere. Guess what? They staffed the plane's elsewhere.

My understanding, and we will see for sure when they show us the TA, is that we didn't bend over and got a pretty decent deal considering all things.
Just sayin.....