Thread: New Mesa Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2015, 08:11 AM
BE24pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: CRJ 900

Originally Posted by RgrMurdock View Post
I'm just amazed at the number of people saying they're voting yes without actually seeing anything. Pretty sad.
I think your missing the point. I have not seen anyone say they are a firm yes vote. It won't matter if it is yes or no. If there is no additional growth, without an industry average or better contract to attract new hires people will leave in droves. Too many other regionals to pick from right now. Without FOs to staff airplanes we can not cover flying, not covering flying leads to reductions and shifting to other regionals. The company is being short sighted to the industry right now. The only reason we can sustain our hiring is the movement. They even advertise it on the website. They say something like an upgrade is better than a bonus. Without upgrade they better have the best FO rates in the industry otherwise people can go to Endeavor, Compass, insert regional for bonus and career progression to a major. There best bet would be to set up some type of preferential interview process with its Legacy partners. That could be enough of a carrot to get people to stay. Without growth Mesa quickly becomes the lowest paid regional with poor work rules, and from what the union is saying it sounds like that will be the case with or without the TA.