View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 07:00 PM
Monkeyfly
Not retiring avatar

Joined APC: Apr 2010
Position: 777 CAP

Originally Posted by CousinEddie View Post
Now, carefully re-read the SSC explanation above and decide if you really want to waste negotiating capital on a new PBS system.....
Thanks for posting that SSC explaination.

My answer to your question is YES!

Getting rid of this particular PBS system is my number one priority for positive change in this contract.

-It affects us negatively every month. (We don't accept that with our paychecks, why with our schedules?)

-It takes way too much time and thought to "program" the bid than our last system. (More time devoted to work instead of family.)

-There is not enough flexibility in a system with only 7 bidding ranks.(H++ to L--)

-A bidding system should not require a "hotline" or experts on call to help decipher the system to people who are usually quite proficient on computers. (I used the online chat for help and even the expert couldn't figure it out, he had to call in the super-expert, who gave me a solution that resembled nuclear launch codes.)

-There is no Line Production Floor in the old system. If you want 70 hours and more days off you can have it; also allowing more flexibility in schedules.(This provision alone would improve the narrow body lines significantly.)

-The old PBS gave us our schedules up to ONE WEEK EARLIER!!! Yes, you read that right.(At least by the 12th or 13th).

Going back to the old system or a better one should be an easy choice. I have added my concerns about this PBS to the survey, I'm hoping many others will also.