Thread: New Mesa Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 08:47 AM
RV5M
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by tinman1 View Post
I had to switch rooms last week because of a noise issue in my room preventing me from falling asleep. When I called to request a later show they kept asking me what I wanted. I told them I wanted 8 consecutive hours of uninterrupted sleep opportunity plus a few extra minutes to get ready and get to the van. The supervisor got on the line and tried to b**** at me about it but oh well, not my problem.

Remember that every bit of communication with CT is recorded, so if they are trying to pressure anyone into doing anything illegal just bring up the regs and use specific numbers. They can't argue with that. And if it's bad enough file an ASAP, that way the FAA can see it and follow up with the company.
Maybe your noise issue was really serious, but sometimes I can't sleep just because, and sometimes hotels are noisy. Last night, the fire door slammed twice and woke me up. That's life. I feel like there are a lot of pilots and FAs out there who will call CT at the slightest inconvenience when many times it's just the nature of doing a sometimes stressful job.