View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 01:06 PM
fdx727pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: 767 Cap

Originally Posted by jzuniga View Post
So what you guys are saying is that I can't use up the remainder of my vacation bank????How could I still be owing 5 days when R days are calculated at 4.6hrs a day? thanks for the help
Z
yes

Section 7. G. 3.

e. Reserve Vacation Extension

A pilot with vacation during a month in which he holds a reserve line may extend the vacation that occurs in that month. Vacation buffers shall then be added to the extended vacation as provided in Section 7.G.3.a., unless waived by the pilot.

i. The maximum extension shall be determined by the following formula:

Maximum Extension = ({[(Number of vacation days (as awarded or slid) in the bid period multiplied by 6) + 6] ÷ R-day value} rounded down) minus the number of originally scheduled vacation days in the bid period.

Example: A pilot has a 7 day vacation period in a bid period in which the R-day value is 4:36. The maximum extension is

{[(7 x 6) +6] ÷ 4.600} - 7

= [(42 + 6) ÷ 4.600] - 7

= (10.434 rounded down) - 7

= 10 - 7 = 3.

Consequently, the pilot could add up to three days to his vacation period. This would give him a total of 14 days (presuming buffers could fit on both ends of his vacation period as extended). The pilot's vacation bank would be charged 46 CH (10 x 4.600), but only 7 vacation days would be removed from his vacation accrual.