View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 01:09 PM
Dash8Pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Dreamniner

Originally Posted by Pilotdude3407 View Post
Well I am lucky....I live in Columbus Ga. So I am just going to drive up the first day ( Show up at 1PM) and IF I make it to the second day, I am going to stay in the hotel accross the street because we have to show up for the sim eval at 7AM!!!! If I get the job and depending on what is going on, I will come up there and support you for the 30th. I wish our days were swapped so you can tell ME how it went. I am scared to death about the written because I don't know whats on it. All I ever read is study the Private, Instrument, Commercial and ATP books and you should be fine.....WHAT???? (Obviously they don't say them all. Someone will say the PVT and INST, someone will say INSTR and ATP..and so on) The reason I am so worried is because if you do not get a 70 or 80% I think they will not ask you back for the second day so there is a lot riding on that test and I wish I knew more of what to study.
I took a version of the written about 8 months ago when I interviewed there, and it was cake. The subjects were a little bit from each area, but overall I found it to be very easy. My version had a good number of FAR, but they weren't anything obscure. I think there was some basic weather questions as well, along with IFR procedures. Mostly stuff anyone commercial ticket should already know.

The area where people got tripped up when I interviewed was in the sim. If you don't have any glass experience, get some. I watched the two guys I interviewed with fail the sim because of difficulty adjusting to the glass scan, and one doing the wrong entry to a holding pattern.

Good luck at the interview.