View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 06:35 PM
jetlag7
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: CL650

Originally Posted by 9999 View Post
Good points here. I am not versed in the fractionals like you and some others here. I was thinking along the lines of bigger markets and potential business I guess. I guess you could throw St. Louis into the mix as well, but then again, Chicago is very close again. Probably would not make a whole lot of sense with a bigger city like that being so close....I don't know. That is the whole reason for the thread.

As was mentioned, I know NetJets has alot of pilots using MSP/STP as a domicile. These are the older pilots that were with them prior to their latest contract and the current 5 city domicile setup.
As strange as it sounds, large metropolitan areas aren't necessarily the best places to shop for potential fractional clients.

When making a determination as to what constitutes a "good market for potential business" you have to turn your eye toward areas with a concentration of extremely "high-net worth" individuals. The the million plus "average Joe's" common to any large city simply can't afford this type of transportation.

From that point of view, you can see why a town like Aspen has more potential than a city like Minneapolis.