View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 10:14 AM
eaglefly
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by PurpleTurtle View Post
No money was hijacked. Should APA pay back dues to the former TWA pilots? How about the former Reno pilots? The courts never litigated the statutory MB rights of the bargaining agents of covered employees in a covered transaction.
I don't see the AA/TWA situation as the same. IMO, once USAPA was decertified as the CBA, they were essentially dissolved and liquidation of funds to all members should have occurred. I think someone might agree, hence the TRO (actually, I'm just agreeing with THEM). I think the USAPA officers controlling this aspect have good reason to be concerned. They were really hanging it out there.

Originally Posted by PurpleTurtle View Post
The courts have done nothing to litigate MB. Thankfully USAPA, APA, an the company, in their wisdom, have already negotiated contacts to implement MB and the courts won't touch those contracts with a ten foot pole. The Arbs will press ahead and ignore all the sideshows dressed in robes.
I agree that the arbitration will move forward. This seems to be a side issue to the integration itself and more of a representational issue based on past history.