Old 09-02-2015, 08:24 AM
leeaf7
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Default Asian carrier to US legacies.. any advice?

Hey guys and gals, I am a US citizen and I had most of my basic training in the US including couple years of flight instructing in FL. Zero jet hours then during the economic low of '07-'09, I got picked up by one of asian carriers because of my ethnicity and language skill. My certs have been converted and below are my current quals and hours.

B737NG (800/900): 1700 total (1650 SIC),
A330-200/300: 1050 total (610 SIC)
Total Jet hours roughly over 2700 hours (2200 SIC)

I have my current US ATP/CFI certificate, though my types are not showing on it for a obvious reason, and about 1k dual given hours as well. Exact total hours to this date.. about 4120.

Most of my jet hours are from international/trans-pacific/cross-siberia operations. My current airline flies to over 120+ destinations world-wide. My sectors include from 30-minute hops to 13-hour long haul to European countries.

I am writing here to see if there are any other pilot who are currently working for or applying to the US majors (big 3 legacies) with a similar background as mine. Though I have many friends working for US regionals and already a handful of them are moving up to the majors, it is hard to get practical advice from them as my prior experience is vastly different from theirs. Any advice on how to fill out resumes that are formatted mostly to accommodate pilots flying in the US but not for guys like me flying as an expat?

Any thought about my chance of getting a call from the US majors? I know my hours from my current employer is something unique and somewhat harder to get compared to regional-flying in the US, but I also have some doubt if majors would consider me at all with my resume containing no TPIC and no part-121 experience in the US.

Thanks in advance.

PS - my applications for big 3 legacies are already published thru airlineapps and pilot credential.

Best Regards,