View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Whacker77
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: CFI

I was in that Chautauqua class until my Mom became very ill from her breast cancer treatment. So I left, but it wasn't due to partying. As for the people who washed out, by in large they were not the ones who were partying. In fact, two of the failures were 145 pilots for Mesa and ExpressJet. That just blew me away. The other five who did not finish had various issues.

In general, the experience at Flight Safety was uneven to say the least. There were lots of schedule changes and Chautauqua procedures were ignored by the staff for the most part. The worst part was the check airman. Friends from the class told me that he did nothing but swear at them during the check ride. This came from each person to whom I spoke. FWIW, he has a terrible reputation among the other check airmen and line pilots.

For those with experience at other airlines, is a check airman who constantly uses profanity the rule or the exception? Personally, I think it's the height of unprofessionalism. Having said all that, had the guys been able to fly the manuevers, they would be on the line.