Old 09-15-2015, 05:58 PM
waker92
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Default Risking it with this one.. Lets talk upgrades

Lets talk “quick upgrades”

This is the perceived “golden ticket” to many prospective hires. And on the flip side of that is undeniably the strongest “flame bait” for contributors to the forum, and for good reason. Relatively unexperienced pilots looking to surpass the more experienced long term FO’s throughout the industry, which can seem disrespectful as the “job shoppers” do not seem willing to pay their dues, and assume they can be captains before they've even flown at any airline.

But in all fairness, I think that people are just in search of the place with the most opportunity for movement within the company, and fear being seat locked. Granted this is not the only important factor for pilots, as pay, bases, benefits, schedule and other factors all play in to the general QOL picture we are all trying to maximize.

That all being said I do not think many would disagree that between all the benefits we want to have as pilots (pay, bases, benefits, schedule, QOL, opportunity for growth, etc.), we have to pick and choose which are most important and move from their to find an operator that can accommodate. Unfortunately this will be at the expense of the other so called “luxuries” previously listed.

Not to offend anyone here, but speaking strictly in terms of upgrade time, and ability to move where is looking like the spot. I know some places like PSA, and Envoy are advertising a short upgrade, but it can take people months and months just to get through training wait times, as well as street captains being in the mix, as well as stories of very long reserve times *(This is not meant to be a PSA bashing, but just using some context)* (I am not claiming to be an expert, but these are just things I have read here)

Piedmont and Compass are also saying fast upgrade times, but usually things that seem to good to be true are, so whats really the deal here. Why don't we just throw some people a bone here and address this upgrade thing.

I don’t know if it is just me on here but it seems like the curse of options is upon many of us. Because it seems like we have the pick of the litter, it’s leaving pilots bouncing back and forth on making decisions, and often times seemingly uninformed ones.

Ready…. GO!