View Single Post
Old 09-18-2015, 08:03 AM
Raptor
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012

Originally Posted by Flaps50 View Post
Please educate us what's so bad about the proposed VTO process vs. what we have now, I seriously want to know since I get VTO lines 95% of the time.

I already know they can add reserve blocks to my VTO line now because I end up with them all the time so I'm not following the argument. The VTO process under the new TA looks as though it will have better transparency than we have now (which is none). 80% of planned RDays have to be built into actual reserve lines as per the new TA to begin with. Why would the company want to add reserve blocks to more VTO lines than they have to when they have trips that need to be filled? Doing that would require a lot more staffing of pilots? The company doesn't like to pay people to stay at home.

I guess I just don't see the black helicopter flying around; there's way more good in this TA than bad as I see it.
Not a black helicopter, but with the reduction of 20% of the reserve lines, this means, that there will be more secondary lines than we have now. More secondary = more PBS (ack we have a 1st gen PBS now) = efficiency gain for company...but where is the compensation gain for us when we negotiate them efficiencies?

Second, the number 1 VTO guy could request trips and the global solution could drop in 2 days of reserve as the best global fit.

Third, SLRWG is blessed by ratification of TA and the whole process of sourcing a new PBS system, setting the parameters, and any other changes comes without further vote of the pilots. Most airlines spell out in great detail the PBS system. We're voting to approve a "black box" that simply has to be approved by MEC Chairman.

Fourth, final arbiter of new system will be the company...not even arbitration. How many disputed pairings have been upheld by the company...I can't remember any. How many disputes about the secondary line system will be upheld by the company in favor of the pilots over the next 6-10 years?