Thread: "O's Roadshow"
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 10:32 PM
frozenboxhauler
Nice lookin' tree, there!

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: MD-11, old man

Originally Posted by PurpleTail View Post
The company came out and low balled us on what they believed was a 'cost nuetral' LOA ~ what did you expect, thats what companys do. And they were able to convince the union to endorse it thinking that would be enough to get it passed ~ WRONG!

The company forgot that we actually have brains and can tell a POS LOA when we read, see and smell one. I'm still not buying all the spin management is putting on this. I don't think they really expected the BACKLASH that is brewing on property. Its not like we don't have some guys that are not willing to make the move and help this company expand but come on, DO WE HAVE TO PAY FOR IT AS WELL!?!? We shouldn't have to.

I'm still curious why the difference is housing allowance...what quack formula did they use to come up with $1,300 if we wanted to buy something instead of renting??? And they want us to find a FURNISHED apartment with the 2,700+our current mortgage payment in HKG or CDG ~ GOOD LUCK ~ HAAAAAHAAAAAAA
This whole thing is starting to remind me of when we were first "optimized".
I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of the "grandfathered" non-members pony up and join the Union. If so, I'll pi** myself laughin'.
fbh